Because Christ Came | Pt.2
Good morning family, in today’s devotion, let’s talk about today’s thought, “Because Christ Came | Pt.2”.
Today’s thoughts come from Revelations 3:20 (TPT) which says, Behold, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If your heart is open to hear my voice and you open the door within, I will come in to you and feast with you, and you will feast with me.
.From our earlier discussion of the season of Advent being the anticipation of the coming of Christ from three different perspectives as described by Philip Pfatteicher in his book “Journey Into The Heart Of God”, it is noted that “since 1153 a.d., Christians have spoken of the three comings of Christ:
- His coming in the flesh in Bethlehem; (the 2000 year old past event)
- His coming into our hearts daily; (the ongoing experience of God’s transformative work within us)
- His coming in glory at the end of time (the time/event we all look towards)
Let’s look at the coming of Christ into our hearts daily as we have this amazing ongoing experience of God’s transformative work within us.
I want you to pay close attention to the phrase “I will feast with you – and you will feast with me” as it sounds like exactly the same thing, but there is something special that we should not overlook as it pertains to fellowshiping daily with Christ and allowing him access to our hearts.
The power of His simple words can be seen from these two (2) perspectives:
- I will feast (sup) with you: As we open our hearts daily to Christ, we present before him the little that we can give; and often, that little can involve our worship, our attitude towards God, and even our pains and shortcomings, which sometimes humbles us to keep realizing our daily need for God. Even though He is King of the universe, Jesus is not too busy or too big, to step into our small lives, to take a look at what we have to offer Him, and to receive the best of what we can honestly give; because everyday, He is willing to receive us, just as we are, without condemnation, without fear, and simply with love;
- You will feast (sup) with me: This is amazing because the King of Glory has just agreed to spread His table before us, even in the presence of our enemies. He has opened His kingdom to us as His personal invited guests, and has agreed to give us access to all that He has to offer. At His table, we can find peace in the midst of trouble, joy in the midst of sorrow, soundness of mind in midst of fear, abundance in the midst of lack, healing in the midst of suffering, and acceptance and love in the midst loneliness and rejection.
Now isn’t that truly amazing? Aren’t you glad that He came?
Pray with me: Father, I thank you today that because Christ has come into my heart, as I give Him my daily invitation to fellowship, what I offer Him from my life may be little, but He exchanges my invitation for one of His own, and gives me so much more than I could have ever thought possible. Thank you Lord for Your transformative work within me today.
Remember to make time in your busy life to become a part of a good weekly Bible Study group so you can connect with others, build you faith, and learn and grow together as a family; because the truth of life is, you can’t succeed alone.
Hey, if you’ve enjoyed this, share it with your family and friends, and don’t forget to like and subscribe to our channel/page. Blessings.